Pages

Saturday 29 June 2013

"Two out of Three aint bad"........

So go the words of one of Meatloaf's songs, but in my case I just hope that things do NOT come in three's and Two out of Three is enough!!!

One out of three was my Parkinson's diagnosis, and last week, Two out of three is a damaged tendon in my foot! I was out with the two young dogs Max and Perdy just walking normally and I suddenly had an horrendous pain on the outside of my right ankle. I was just passing one of those large round metal inspection hatches in the pavement and I thought I had got an electric shock from it! I scared the dogs as I shouted out in pain, it took me ages to hobble home as I couldn't put any pressure on it. Max the pup kept tugging on his lead as per usual but Perdy who is very sensitive and gentle seemed to sense something was wrong and hung back walking beside me. Max could take a leaf out of her book!
I was seeing the GP the next day anyway to discuss my medication, so he has given me some strong painkillers and boy I need them. What is slightly worrying me is if this is just a one off coincidence and 'cause unexplained' or is it a side effect of my Parkinson's as muscle stiffness is a classic symptom. The fly in the ointment in wondering this is that my Parkinson' s is primarily showing in my left side, mainly my arm and hand. I will ask my consultant when I see him in November and see if he has an answer!

Back to my medication discussion with my GP, now that I have completed my starter pack of ReQuip (Ropinrole) and I am up ti 1mg 3 x daily. I have been through most of the side effects, the sweats, extreme tiredness and nausea but hopefully it is now in my system and that will settle though of course it may affect others more, and also some will have no ill effects. As the 1mg dose has not alleviated my primary symptoms at all the GP is carrying on with the upward increase so this week I'm on 1.5 mg and next week up to 2mg. strangely though I realised last night (Friday) that he has directed me to take this 2 x daily not 3 x  daily. I'm guessing this may have been a mistake with the dispensary as they were confused by his directions plus they had to order the 250 mg ones in for me.  As I had 2 days left of the starter pack when I saw him, it wasn`t until Friday that I realised. Never mind I'll contact him on Monday and check. 

Well I hope the next few weeks are less eventful, and less painful! I'm sitting here with a swollen ankle which is throbbing very nicely thank you.

Take care of each other

Tony in Cornwall.





























































































No comments:

Post a Comment