Pages

Thursday 13 June 2013

Page Design

Hi all, I hope you are all well, or as well as can be expected. It's a sunny but blustery day here in Cornwall and my allotment is taking another battering.

I have played around with the page layout, is it ok and easy to read? Do let me know, and please share this blog.

I have had a couple of 'off' days this week, caused I believe by the increasing medication. I had extreme nausea, sweats and light headed after going upstairs to do Gem's hair. I then had terrible tiredness for the rest of the day! On the plus side it seems to stop me finishing meals so it is an unofficial diet aid too!

Someone said to me this week you look far to well to be poorly, mainly caused by nice tanned skin from hours in the allotment, but it made me think how we as a society judge people by first impressions. A lot of people have hidden disabilities and   illnesses (not that I consider myself disabled) that we do not see. How often have we judged someone by their appearance or unshaven face etc, not  knowing that they have a mental health issue. Or remarked that someone is a lazy so and so not knowing they have a hidden terminal illness.

Perhaps being faced with something like Parkinson which can be something of an unknown quantity, makes us step back and think a bit more?

Tomorrow I am going to a Parkinson's coffee morning in Bodmin, I picked up the leaflet a month ago and hung onto it...... just in case! I'm a little nervous about going rather like stepping blindly into the unknown, but I feel I owe it to myself and my family to go and get as much information and support as possible.

I had a copy of the letter the consultant at Treliske hospital wrote to my GP confirming my diagnosis yesterday, again my stomach knotted up,    I guess I don`t like to see it in black and white. Not that I'm avoiding it, if I was you wouldn't be reading this, it just makes the diagnosis and the uncertain future more concrete.

Well it's time to feed the doggies, they have had a lovely walk, and they keep me exercising by walking 2/3 times a day, so they in turn are helping me stay fitter!

Bye for now and take care of each other.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment