Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2013

A short Parkinsons Update

Hi guys hope you are all well.

After suffering immense pain in my left arm for the past week, and convincing myself it was a further deterioration in my health due to Parkinson;s, I saw my GP today.

To my relief he diagnosed Tendonitis and the way he explained it fits exactly with the symptoms I am having. Once I had explained to him that  I was in the middle of moving home he explained what had happened, in short I have been overdoing it and strained my tendons with all the lifting I have been doing. He wasn`t too impressed when I told him I still had to transfer all the boxes etc to the new house and unpack everything lol.
Anyway he gave me some ibuprofen gel to use, I'm not convinced if it will work or not but one can only try!

We also agreed to increase the Ropinerole dose up too 12mg slow release per day as there had been no improvement going from 8mg to 10mg. He wants to do  review after we move and have settled down as he thinks the hassle of the move is aggravating my symptoms including the lack of sleep completely on at least one night a week!

I said from the start that I wasn`t going to give in and let Parkinson's take my life over, but even I have to admit I'm finding it hard and it's taking it's toll. Once the move is done, I think I must be sensible and listen to my body a bit more. After all the decorating can be done in my time and at my pace......... now I have to convince myself of this and not go at it like a bull at a gate!

I will let you know how the move goes.. once I get a definite date and I can arrange to get carpets laid etc and book the van etc etc etc lol. I must follow the  Expert Patient Programme advice and pace myself!!

Take care of each other folks.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment