Pages

Sunday 27 October 2013

Why is sleep eluding me!

Well it`s the small wee hours and for the second night I just cannot settle and sleep. This damn Parkinson's has a lot too answer for!

It may just be linked to the muscle spasms and soreness I am getting in my left arm too, the pain can be excruciating as if the muscles are going into spasm or cramp, then it gradually releases. Again it may just be the result of our move and all the lifting of boxes from here to there trying to make sure they are not a trip hazard for Gemma to catch her foot and go flying over.

Talking of the move, we still have no def date, but the bungalow is now emptied of the previous owners furniture,and it just seems we are waiting on Ocean Housing to get in there and do their checks etc. It's a right pain as my son is traveling down from Portsmouth to help me with the moving day so he needs to know when to book time off at short notice. It's time for me to start phoning and finding out what the delay is!! If any of you like messing with Google earth type in PL26 7PF and the bungalow is number 32. Just out of curiosity, if you are outside the UK and you manage to do this, let me know.

Well later today we are meant to be hit by a huge storm (by UK standards) with winds speeds of 80mph plus and torrential rain.Of course as it has been a mild Autumn, many trees still have their leaves and with the wet ground no doubt a few of our lovely trees here in Cornwall and country wide will succumb to the gales and be blown over. There is something sad about seeing a huge oak tree or similar lying across a country road after being there for such a long time, they are part of our heritage
and the joy of living in a lovely county like Cornwall, but how often do we actually take notice of them and admire them? I love seeing them devoid of leaves on a cold frosty winter morning, very skeletal  and beautiful against a winter sky.
I hope the damage to the countryside, buildings etc is minimal but I guess we can never prepare 100% for these once in a decade storms, I'll do a check in the garden tomorrow  just to mke sure ll is secure.

Well I had better try and get a couple of hours sleep at least or I will be laid out on the sofa later this Sunday sleeping, no doubt with 2 Jack Russel's keeping me company! 

Take care of each other, nd to all my PWP friends, look after yourselves also!

Tony in Cornwall.


No comments:

Post a Comment